At this stage I was having a lot of problems with my fruit maps and colours. However hopefully it all came good. Below are some of my colour maps and normal maps I ended up using. At the very bottom there is a render of my fruit bowl also at this stage of the process including a description.
This map was created in Mudbox first then brought into Photoshop and plugged into my banana in Maya. This allowed me to adjust my colours as see the results straight away in Maya. I’m very happy with the end resulting banana.
This is the Normal Map I made in Mudbox to then use as a bump. The bumps might not seem to be anything too deep or bumpy but bananas bruise easily so the more bumps the more black spots. I wanted a healthy looking banana.
This was the end result of the banana in Mudbox, there will still but some touching up in Photoshop.
My apple texture made in Mudbox.
This is the pear texture Ive made in Mudbox, im really happy with it but at this stage when its brought into Maya it looks a little dull and you can’t see the effort that went into it. This is something I really hope to fix by the end!
At this stage there is still much to do. Im really happy with the banana, the apple is a little too red, the orange is yet too be touched and pears are a work in progress. Lighting is all there but quality turned down to speed up renders. I’m happy with the way things are turning out, although with pipe lines from Maya to Mudbox, Mudbox to Photoshop, Photoshop back into Maya I find things get lost in transit and look different. It’s all a learing curve and im still happy with how its going so far.